Location: 450-B Kipling Ave, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5E1
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Hourly Position
- Work includes preventative and corrective maintenance on utility components of the facility; planning and layout, installation, repairs, contacting and supervision of contractors.
- Preparing scope of work and requesting quotes from contractors.
- Recording of data (temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, water levels, etc.), reading dials, gauges and manuals.
- Adjustment of manual controls to start or shut down equipment safely.
- Conducting safety tests and periodically inspecting, repairing, adjusting and lubricating.
- Recording and reporting actions taken and feeding chemicals and caustics into systems and devices. Observing the results of water titration tests.
- Investigation and troubleshooting of existing systems is required including the ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions to issues as well as recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Providing relief coverage for shift engineers as required.
- Candidate must be able to work with hand tools, power tools and have the physical ability to perform labor intensive duties including lifting to 50 lbs. safely, and the ability to climb stairs and ladders as part of daily activities. In addition, the successful candidate should be available to join the Operating Engineer team for shift work responsibilities as required by the Chief Operating Engineers.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Candidate must possess a certification for a 2nd or 3rd class maintenance engineer.
Benefits / Vacation
- Group insurance and medical benefits including eye care and dental benefits
- Two (2) weeks vacation per year
To apply, email email@example.com with the Job Title you are applying for in the Subject line. Please make sure to also include your resumé and cover letter in your email application.